Baked Tilapia with Dill SauceCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Medium
4 (4 ounce) fillets tilapia
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning, or to taste
1 lemon, thinly sliced
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Season the tilapia fillets with salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning on both sides.
- Arrange the seasoned fillets in a single layer in the baking dish.
- Place a layer of lemon slices over the fish fillets.
- I usually use about 2 slices on each piece so that it covers most of the surface of the fish.
- Bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- While the fish is baking, mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic powder, lemon juice and dill in a small bowl. Serve with tilapia.