The recipe for the magic cake is easy to prepare. Do it the day before, like a blank, it will be twice as good. Do not hesitate to vary the aromas: citrus zest, cocoa, coffee … to replace vanilla.
125 g Powdered sugar
1/2 L Whole milk
1 Vanilla pod
125 g Butter + 20 g for the mold
115 g Flour + 10 g for the mold
1 pinch of salt
- Start this magic cake recipe by slitting and scraping the vanilla pod. Place it with the milk in a saucepan and bring the whole to a boil. Turn off the heat and leave to infuse for 15 min.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Blanch the yolks with the sugar, then add the melted butter and the flour.
- Remove the vanilla pod and gradually add the milk to the preparation.
- Beat the egg whites and add them to the preparation, without working the dough too much to leave large blocks of white on the surface.
- Butter and flour a pan, then place a disc of parchment paper at the bottom.
- Pour the dough and bake for 50 min at 160 ° C (th. 5/6) in traditional cooking (not in hot air).
- Let sit well and place in the fridge at least 3 hours before removing from the mold.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar before tasting.